- Update Date：
- Source：Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan
In 2009, the HEEACT underwent a self-review where an external panel consisting of international and local reviewers was invited to review the HEEACT’s operations. This review aimed to enhance the quality of the accreditation and evaluation procedures of the Council. The onsite visit took place on November 26–27, 2009. The members of the review panel who visited the HEEACT on these two days were as follows:
- Dr. Antony Stella, Audit Director, Australian Universities Quality Agency, Australia (Chair).
- Dr. Wei-Jao Chen, Emeritus Professor, National Taiwan University and Chair-professor of I-Shou University, Taiwan.
- Dr. Tzung-Tsann Mu, Professor, Shih-Hsin University, Taiwan.
- Ms. Dorte Kristoffersen, Deputy Executive Director, Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, Hong Kong.
- Dr. Louise Zak, Associate Director, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, United States.
Once the review had concluded, the review panel identified the good practices of HEEACT in providing clear guidelines and standards of both institutional and program accreditation and also professional QA services to the HEIs. HEEACT also gave professional training courses to the reviewers. HEEACT also helped promote the concept of QA to the public through different publications such as the Evaluation Bimonthly. Finally, the review panel also pointed out the good practices of QA which the HEEACT actively engaged in various international QA network and cooperate with various international QA agencies. Besides the good practices, the review panel also made recommendations to HEEACT in terms of internal and external QA that HEEACT should focus more on the consistency of the QA processes, to strengthen the training strategy and enhance staff capacities.