Overseas Program Accreditation
- Update Date：
- Source：Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan
Starting from 2014, HEEACT is commissioned by overseas HEIs to conduct program accreditation. The HEEACT overseas program accreditation has the following objectives: (1) To help programs enhance their quality and develop distinct features; (2) To promote the establishment of internal QA mechanisms and self-improvement mechanisms within programs; (3) To help programs increase their international visibility; and (4) To enhance cross-border student mobility.
The overseas program accreditation shares similar processes with Institutional Accreditation and Program Accreditation conducted in Taiwan, which entail the following stages:
◎ Preparation of a Self-Assessment Report (SAR);
◎ Document review;
◎ On-site visit (Virtual site visit);
To support programs along the way of program accreditation, HEEACT provides three online workshops to guide programs to demonstrate their capabilities in line with HEEACT's three standards with 44 indicators.
The accreditation process will take approximately 1 to 1.5 year, depending on when programs submit their SARs. For full introduction, please refer to the HEEACT Overseas Program Accreditation Handbook.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to email to email@example.com
Results & Recognition
- In February 2014, HEEACT was commissioned by Macao Polytechnic Institute to conducted an overseas program accreditation for Bachelor of Arts in Music.
- In February 2015, HEEACT cooperated with the National Centre for Public accreditation (NCPA) and conducted a joint international accreditation in English and Russian for the Educational program in History of the Far Eastern Federal University. The on-site visits were conducted on September 21-23, 2015.
- HEEACT was commissioned by Macao Polytechnic Institute in 2016 again to undertake the accreditation task for Bachelor of Arts in Visual Art and Bachelor of Physical Education, and in 2017 for Bachelor of Arts in Design.
- In January 2020, the Government of Indonesia announced and recognized HEEACT as one of the international quality assurance agencies for universities to apply for international program accreditation. Since then, a few universities from Indonesia, Macau, Turkmenistan, etc. have shown interest in HEEACT’s overseas program accreditation.