HEEACT Taiwan Higher Education Forum
- Update Date：
- Source：Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan
On May 3rd, HEEACT held the International Symposium and Forum "Higher Education in Taiwan: Global, Political and Social Challenges" in which international speakers and different Taiwanese professors participated through their dissertations regarding the of Higher Education system in Taiwan.
During the morning sessions, the first keynote speech was delivered by Prof. Dr. Jong-Tsun Huang, President of HEEACT, who spoke about the current challenges and perspectives for Taiwan's higher education system in the international arena.
Then, Prof. Dr. Joshua MOK Ka-ho, Vice-President of Lingnan University from Hong Kong shared the importance of Contesting Globalization and Rethinking International-Regional Collaborations from East Asian Perspectives and to conclude with the keynote speeches, Prof. Dr. Bruce Macfarlane, Head of the School of Education Area of research from the University of Bristol of UK, shared the theme of Higher education as a research field and its development across generations who expressed his interest and motivated all the participants to deepen more in this field.
- Prof. Dr. Joshua MOK Ka-ho, Vice-President, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- Prof. Dr. Bruce Macfarlane, Head of the School of Education Area of research, University of Bristol, UK
- Dr. Husaina Banu binti Kenayathulla, Faculty of Education,University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Rohaida Binti Mohd Saat, Faculty of Education,University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Dr. Barratt William Ruggles, Faculty of Education,University of Malaya, Malaysia